• GENESIS — The chapter on St. Coriander from Oddballs, Cults & Worldchangers: A History of the IsoTown Movement, 2138-2238, by Lavendra Cortioli, PhD.
• Holy Quincunx (“Pentalisk Towers”) architectural design concept
• Clanthink (selections)
• Refdoc: Merlin’s Hourglass, which reveals certain remarkable characteristics of this singular artifact
• Newsclip: An Adjunct’s Final Flap, wherein something can be learned about the redoubtable Exeter's earlier days
• St. Coriander Land Use Diagram: 2210-2254
• Clans Dunnigan Chronologue, 2150-2234 (a SCIAK student paper with professorial comments that illuminates the origins of the Clans Dunnigan, Nevergates, wyverns and such)
• Painting by Iris Ho of Septriq first edition software jacket concept design
• A Symbolaxis of the Dunnigan Clanmark by Thodkin Marblemeister, (who is thought to be 10,000 years old and also the protagonist of a remarkable book, Thodkin's Spear
• Game reviews: The Great Nevergate Hack, 2231 Edition, by RapZap Media
• Text of unpublished Oprah 5 interview with Victoria Kathleen Dunnigan and Donella Viola Dunnigan, which reveals something about how the mothers of three tiers of 100 podborns each feel about giving births to their first natborn offspring.
When the hardcover Chronicler’s Edition of The Luck of Madonna 13 was published in 2002, it included a number of textual and visual embellishments, including this frontispiece of Dunnigans Wall. There was also a companion website containing additional items of backstory and sidestory, most of which were referenced in the Chronicler’s Edition by quincunx icons in the margins. Back in those thrilling days of yesteryear this was a concept for extending the novel via the web, but alas, also one whose time came and went in a metaphorical eyeblink.
Although this material illuminates aspects of the fictional time in which the story is set as well as some of the characters, none of it is essential to the story itself. If this were school instead of a novel, it would all be labeled “extra credit” and thus ignored by most students. However, readers with excessive spare time and/or beyond-the-norm curiosity have discovered clues and ah-hahs and, so I’m told, even moments of wry amusement.
Updated versions of the original website documents — now called NeverGrams — have been compiled into this Chronicler’s Compendium, the first item of which is an updated version of the future history (originally called Genesis) that preceded the narrative in the original Chronicler's Edition. Although some readers dutifully read it first and were even amused, it's not a part of the new edition.
The Compendium is a handy companion for the much revamped (aka "all new") edition of The Luck of Madonna 13. Feel free to download it with the author’s compliments for your curiosity and daring.
~ E.T. Ellison (aka The Chronicler)
Click on the quincunx to get your own 114-page 8-1/2" x 11" PDF for exactly zilch.
All site contents © copyright 2002-2017 by E T Ellison. All rights reserved.